Call to Action
Occupy the Courts will be a one day occupation of Federal courthouses across the country, including the U.S. Supreme Court in Washington, D.C., on Friday January 20, 2012.
Move to Amend volunteers across the USA will lead the charge on the judiciary which created — and continues to expand — corporate personhood rights.
Americans across the country are on the march, and they are marching OUR way. They carry signs that say, “Corporations are NOT people! Money is NOT Speech!” And they are chanting those truths at the top of their lungs! The time has come to make these truths evident to the courts.
Please re-post our video call to action:
Click the push pins for court address and organizer contact information. Click here to view this map in a separate window with a list of locations.
➤➤ No action near you? Organize an event! Click here to sign up.
Obtaining a Permit
To obtain a permit for your action, contact the Court you will be targeting and submit this application (pdf) to the GSA Facilities Manager. Find out how they want you to submit the permit application, often times it can be done by fax.
This folder contains handbills and posters to promote your event. Black & white or color options in each download folder. Click the links to begin downloads.
- Poster with text box (with text box to add your local event info) (download zip folder)
- Poster (download zip folder)
Handbills have a letter to Occupy events from MTA on the back - if that isn't useful for your outreach just print side one.
- Handbills with text box (with text box to add your local event info) (download zip folder)
- Handbills (download zip folder)
Poster in Spanish
Outreach Materials (Petitions, Signs/Posters, Stickers, Brochures)
Spread the Word
- Getting the Word Out About Occupy the Courts
- Occupy the Courts Talking Points
- Sample Media Advisory for Occupy the Courts
- Sample Press Release for Occupy the Courts
- Corporate Personhood Talking Points
- Tips for Using Social Media (pdf)
- Tips for Writing Letters to the Editor
- How to Hold a News Conference
- Recording of November 2011 Webinar on Occupy the Courts with Kaitlin Sopoci-Belknap (MTA Field Director) and Steve Justino (MTA Occupy the Courts Coordinator)
- Recording from 12/21/11 Occupy the Courts Organizers Conference Call
- Move to Amend Local Action Toolkit
➤➤ Check the map above to find an action near you. No action? Click here to sign up to organize an event.
If you have additional questions or ideas contact us: OccupyTheCourts@MoveToAmend.org.